Sunday, February 14, 2010

a pretty spot for type

First of all, this diary entry on display was created on Valentine’s Day. (I guess that means I could place type anywhere and easily fulfill my criteria of connotation necessitating significance to the message.) I chose what I would consider to be a romantic location; a trail with stone steps leading up to a scenic view. Surely some giggly couple would hold hands while skipping to the top.
Besides creating a short-lived message with consistent connotations to the environment, I also wanted to test fragmentation. As the unaware individual begins wander up the steps, a new word is visible every few steps; the message begins at the bottom and is completed as the subject nears the top.
note to self...should I really bring my dog along while creating precarious type?

No comments: