Monday, November 2, 2009

Good Design is for Everyone, from the beginning

My initial spread inspiration a Max Bill design from the 1940s book, Die Neue Architektur (found in Lupton's Thinking with Type):And so my first proposed grid structure was the following: Russel Wright transformed himself from urban trendsetter to suburban guru, and ultimately rural nonconformist; this quote from the essay, From Hollywood to Walden Pond, encouraged a new direction to my design. The following amazingly beautiful spread found in Thinking with Type, gave me additional inspiration:The following are the first attempts in the new direction: I discovered during the first group critique, my center margin was too wide and distracting from the viewer's ability to view the spread as a complete unit.

No comments: